I have been in the United States for three years. The biggest reasons for me to come here were the following:
- This place always excited me,
- I wanted to enhance self-expression here,
- I wanted to pursue my creative ideas here regarding dancing, modeling, and movies,
- I wanted to express my dancing skills and art here and start a unique business in it.
However, ever since I got married I was too overwhelmed with daily difficulties and the challenges of Green Card. I completely forgot to nurture myself and the dreams of why I came here.
The biggest misconception I had in my mind that the Green Card will be the only thing that could potentially lead to opportunities in the US.
And what I have done??
I was sitting in a studio working and waiting for my green card and basically stopped being myself.
I still had a wonderful time, because my marriage is giving me emotional security which I appreciate a lot. But this is only one side of the coin!
I need excitement and express my creative ideas especially in this country and a Green Card should not stop me from doing it really!
The lockdown due to the COVID made me realize how important is to be free to travel, meet people, and being able to pursue dreams by not locking myself into a studio waiting for something to happen.
So this is the time to pursue plans regardless of the green card, because at the end of the day I have to make the most of my time right here, right now!
Comments
Post a Comment